Blood Relations is the most studied topic of Logical Reasoning and is one of the few topics which has found its importance in almost every entrance exam. This topic tests the analytical skills of the students and how one can approach the solution of logical problems with the help of diagrams instead of calculations.
Any relation in the world which either by birth or by marriage is called a Blood Relation.
Ex: Any relation by birth will be mother, father, son, daughter, etc. and any relation by marriage will be father-in-law, mother-in-law, etc.
Types of Questions on Blood Relation
Over the years, the standard and type of questions which are being asked from the blood relation topic have seen a slight turn. Initially, the questions used to be less complex and statement or dialogue-based, but with the increased competition, the variety of questions being asked have also changed.
Being one of the most common concepts from which questions are asked in exams, given below are the different ways in which the blood relation questions may be asked in the competitive exams, for the assistance of candidates:
Blood Relations Topics
- Jumbled descriptions
- Relational puzzle
- Coded relations
- Miscellaneous questions
To solve the problems in blood relation, one should know how to draw a family tree.
A family tree is a pictorial representation of genealogical data.
The following points help in drawing a family tree.
- All the female members of the family are represented by a circle. The name of the person is written inside the circle for convenience.
- All the male members of the family are represented by a square. The name of the person is written inside the square for convenience.
- The relation between two members of the family is shown by connecting a double-headed arrow.
- The spouse relation is represented by the two ends of a double-headed arrow.
- All the family members of the upper generation are represented above in the family tree. Ex: father, mother, uncle, aunt etc. The logic can be extended by representing the grandparents above the parents in the family tree. Ex: grandfather and grandmother.
- All the family members of the same generation are represented in the middle of the family tree. Ex: brothers, Sisters, cousins, wife, husband, etc.
- All the family members of the next generation are represented below in the family tree. Ex: Daughter, son, niece, nephew.
1. Pointing to man the stage, Rita said, “he is the brother of the daughter of the daughter of the wife of my Husband.” How is the man on the stage related to Rita?
A. Son B. Husband
C. Cousin D. Nephew
2. Pointing towards a boy, Veena said, “he is the son of only son of my grandfather.” How is that boy related to Veena?
A. Uncle B. Brother
C. Cousin D. Nephew
3. A women introduces a man as the son of the brother of her mother. How is the man related to the women?
A. Nephew B. Son
C. Cousin D. Uncle
4. Ramesh is the brother of Amit. Sushma is the sister of satish. Amit is the son of sushma. How is Ramesh related to sushma?
A. Father B. Brother
C. Son D. Nephew
5. Poiniting to a women in the photograph, Rajesh said, “the only daughter of her grandfather is my wife”. How is Rajesh related to that women?
A. Uncle B. Father
C. Maternal uncle D. Brother
6. Kusuma is the wife of Ravi. Govind is the brother of Ravi. Prabhu is Kusuma’s………. .
A. Cousin B. Brother
C. Brother-in-law D. Uncle
7. Looking at a photograph, a person said, “I have no brother or sister but that man’s father is my father’s son”. At whose photograph was the person looking at?
A. His son’s B. His nephew’s
C. His father’s D. His one
8. Raghu and Babu are twins. Babu’s sister is Reema. Reema’s husband is Rajan. Raghu’s mother is lakshmi. Lakshmi’s husband is Rajesh. How is Rajesh related to Rajan?
A. Uncle B. Son-in-law
C. Father-in-law D. Cousin
9. If Neena says, “Anita’s father Raman is the only son of my father-in-law,
Mahipal”, then how is Bindu, who is the sister of Anita, Related to Mahipal?
A. Niece B. Daughter
C. Wife C. Granddaughter
10. Moni is Daughter of Sheela. Sheela is wife of my wife’s brother. How Moni is related to my wife?
A. Cousin B. Niece
C. Sister D. Sister-in-law
11. B is the father of Q. B has only two children. Q is the brother of R. R is the daughter of P. A is the granddaughter of P. S is the father of A. How is S related to Q?
A. Son B. Son-in-law
C. Brother D. Brother-in-law
12. Annu is Daughter of my mother’s brother Abahi. Pari is granddaughter of my mother. Pari should call Annu as
A. Maternal Aunt B. Sister
C. Cousin D. Niece
13. In a family of five person, Dinesh is Jairam’s son and Gopal’s brother while Meeta is Gopal’s mother and Jayanti’s daughter. If there are no step brothers or half brothers in the family, which of the following statements is true?
A. Jayanti is Dinesh’s mother
B. Meeta is Dinesh’s mother
C. Jayanti is jairam’s grandmother
D. All of the above
14. Let A and B are sister. C is brother of A. D is brother of E. if E is daughter of B, then who is aunt of D?
A. E B. C
C. A D. B
15. A family consists of a man, his wife, his three sons, their wives and three
Children in each son’s family. How many members are there in the family?
A. 12 B. 13
C. 15 D. 17